Find out more about Translation Software
What is Translation Software?
Translation and localization software can do more than merely translating a solution’s user interface. Organizations use this system to overcome regional and cultural barriers for their applications to reach a wider target audience. Software localization deals with adapting a software solution to the linguistic, cultural, and technical needs of a target market.
Accurate localization makes the software program look like it has been originally written and created for the target market. To summarize, translation and localization software translate written material as well as the functional factors of a software solution so that it can be used by a worldwide target market. Start by checking our leader One Hour Translation, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 10 Most Popular Translation Software
Best Translation Software
How To Choose The Best Translation Software
Businesses, especially software vendors, can make use of translation and localization software and services to expand their marketing reach and offer their products to international customers in multiple countries. But how do you select a suitable system from the scores of platforms available in the market? This buyer’s guide helps you by providing a quick primer on the list of key features and elements that mark the best translation and localization software.
Get to know each product with a free trial
We recommend you start your search for the best translation and localization software by signing up for the free trials offered by leading translation software providers. This will enable you to test drive each system’s features free of cost and understand if the program is the right fit for your needs. You can start by finding out whether the following popular tools offer a free trial or demo: Smartling, Transifex, ABBYY, VerbalizeIt, and SDL BeGlobal. These programs have been given high rankings in our translation software reviews. We have also published comparison articles on these and other leading applications.
- Small, medium-sized, and large companies as well as multinational corporations can use translation tools to expand their reach and target consumers in other countries.
- Software vendors and makers who wish to offer their product or system in multiple languages to users in multiple countries can also make use of this type of software.
What are Examples of Translation Software?
- Smartling: Smartling helps companies gain a more dominant global position by changing the way their content is created and experienced around the world. This service is ideal for brands that have international aspirations.
- Transifex: A proprietary, web-based translation platform for small business organizations and large firms. You can use it to manage the creation of content for multilingual apps and websites.
- ABBYY: ABBYY is a leading optical character recognition (OCR) and text scanning software company that provides PDF conversion and recognition solutions. It also offers document capture and language software for both PC and mobile devices.
- VerbalizeIt: On-demand translation services for business provided by 24,000 curated translators around the world speaking more than 150 languages. VerbalizeIt was acquired by Smartling in 2016.
- SDL BeGlobal: Cloud-based machine translation for high-volume, fast communication. You can translate more content into more languages at a reduced cost using this leading machine translation app built for business.
Types of Translation and Localization Software
- Computer-assisted translation – Popular products include memoQ, SmartCat, and Memsource
- Machine translation – Leading solutions include Google Translate, Bing Translator, and Slate Desktop
- Translation management – Popular services include GlobalSight, Crowdin, and POEditor.
Key Features of Translation and Localization Software
Smart Translation Memory: This feature reduces your translation work volume as you don’t have to translate strings multiple times. It searches through all your previous translations to enable you to reuse them.
Real-time translation updates: This feature makes collaboration efficient as you can know about your fellow translators’ locations when you are using the same language page. Plus, it automatically saves the changes you make to the translation.
Visual aid for software translation: Makes the translator’s job intuitive. The software raises a flag if a detail is missing and lets you know about it.
Automatic Translation: Offers a starting point for your localization team. Helps you to work with Bing and Google machine translation engines to enable you to automatically fill in missing translations.
Benefits of Translation and Localization Software
Enhanced competitive edge: You can gain an edge over your competitors by taking the lead and localizing your product. The language of business is not English only. You need to talk to your customers in the language they use daily in their home country.
Greater commitment to global customers: You can prove your commitment to your international customers by offering your website and products in their native tongue, which can make them feel more comfortable and secure in dealing with your company.
Strong international and local image: A localized website can help your business project a powerful international image which is important to service customers both locally and globally.
Effective communication with global prospects and customers: You can reduce international customer support expenses through product localization. It can lower the number of support calls you receive and also enable international consumers to better understand your products resulting in a happier user experience.
Greater market penetration: You can reach consumers in newer markets by localizing your products for their particular country or region.
Reduced copyright infringement and liability: Many countries stipulate that products sold in their nation should communicate in the official local language or languages. You can also minimize conflicts due to language barriers and miscommunication by translating contracts, product use agreements and other important documents.
Technology improves scale: Trending technology such as crowdsource post-editing, free machine translation from Microsoft Translator, and the Google Translate app offered in multiple languages is making translation possible for millions of users. Services are using integrated customizable platforms with robust automated processes to improve their efficiency and response times, and to offer complete assistance from simple translation to in-country publishing and review.
More simplicity and personalization: Translation tools vendors are focusing on simplifying their buyers’ experience and are quick to adjust their services to their customers’ needs and demands. The accent is on providing simple and personalized localization services to build trust and lasting business relationships.
Business Intelligence is becoming important: Vendors are making good use of business intelligence tools to understand trends and make smart business and investment decisions. Predictive analytics is thus becoming an essential tool in the localization industry.
The following common issues need to be tackled effectively by translation and localization software and their users:
- The length of translated words should not be neglected as it would require redesigning the system to suit the foreign language version which can take up a lot of valuable time.
- Disregarding localization and characteristic elements of a geography or region such as calendar format, postal code structure and length, address structure, number format, date format etc.
- You may fail to use simple understandable text that is familiar to the users of the software.
- Another common fallacy is failure to offer accurate and clear content in the users’ language as your commands and instructions may become nonsensical or difficult to understand after the translation.
List of Translation Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our platform employs our proprietary SmartScore™ mode to examine all the solutions in the Translation Software category to help you choose the best possible software. It analyzes the following aspects: core components, collaboration possibilities, customization, integrations with other services, user friendliness, customer support, security, mobile support, ratings in media. As of now, One Hour Translation is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following thorough research and analysis it got the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
An overview of total user satisfaction with the products in our Translation Software category calculated using our unique algorythm that analyzes customer reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media platforms in order to help you make an informed investment choice.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Translation Software category will provide a different group of pricing packages for its product and each package will include a varied set of elements. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest plan offered for each app. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B tools in the Translation Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn which languages and geographies are served by the top B2B apps in the Translation Software category, including apps designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine which pricing packages are offered by the vendors in the Translation Software category to check which one suits your business requirements and expenses best. Note that specific apps can provide free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which kinds of customers a given B2B platform in the Translation Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what types of product deployement are supported by each B2B vendor in the Translation Software category. Although the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-hosted there are services may offer an on-site deployment model too.